Metal has always been thought of as the go-to material when designing a part that needs to withstand the test of time. This is no longer the case thanks to the benefits of Advanced Engineering Plastics.
Why Choose Plastic?
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good electrical and thermal insulation
- Low co-efficient of friction – some self lubricating
- Good wear resistance and “silent” running
- Excellent noise and vibration damping
- Light in weight (SG from 0.9 to 2.1 -Steel 7 .8, bronze 8.9)
- Good strength weight ratios at low strain
- Good impact strength
- Resilience – tries to return to original shape